Saturday, March 30, 2013


03/30/2013, Saturday:  Happy Easter everyone! ( A day early, I know.) We had some excitement this morning so thought I’d update the blog today. And no, it’s not more mice. I don’t think we’ll be seeing too many of them around unless they’re hiding from the snakes. Yup – we saw a rattlesnake this morning, right beside our RV. I was thinking this morning I should go out for a walk since I haven’t been doing that daily. The idea of rattlesnakes coming out to sun scares me though. We’re back at Plomosa Road again (BLM) and when we registered there was a sign at the table stating “Rattlesnake Season”. I almost joked that “they have a season?”, but didn’t.  This morning Curt was outside putting some things back in the basement bays. I heard a rattle (we had all of our windows open) and Curt getting excited and coming to the door asking for his camera. I don’t remember what he said (he doesn’t either), but I knew right away that it was a rattlesnake. It took him totally by surprise, so luckily it rattles first before it bites. We’ve been being careful about picking things up from the ground, etc., but he was zoned into his work and didn’t see it. It definitely blends right in with the rocks. We think it’s a Western Diamondback from what we’ve found on-line. Any way, Curt tried to get the snake to go away from the RV, but it crawled underneath. I suppose it was on its way for shelter from the sun. It was around noon, and it’s warm today. So Curt got a pole from one of the bays and tried to chase it away. I’m not going for a walk, and I’m going to be careful before I even go in and out of the RV or the Jeep!  I think it’s time to move to colder climates!

We were going to go to Parker and on up to Lake Havasu City this week, but Curt decided to work on some of his projects before going. He added on the Voyager cameras and monitor and they work so much better than the Sony system we had. I can’t imagine why Monaco stuck with Sony. We also put the antenna booster in for Wifi. We had to fish the line through the ceiling, which has a lot of Styrofoam in it. He called Monaco to see if there is an open space in there that they used for wiring to see if he could add to it. Nope. But we made it from front to back. That took most of yesterday.  We also had a water leak that we noticed when we got here the other day. It’s been leaking off and on but got worse. Curt checked all of the fittings underneath and luckily that’s what it was. When he was ruling out fittings, he was getting worried that it was the water tank itself. But luckily not, it was a fitting in the pump. And, believe it or not, he had an extra pump on hand that he was able to take the fitting out of. I guess it does pay to have extra parts on hand.

Happy 6th birthday to our granddaughter, Calissa! We had a web cam with all of our kids and granddaughters for her birthday.  So much energy. Also a happy birthday to our son, Keith, 26. 

We were planning to go south of Lake Havasu City for a while on BLM land. I may just change my mind on that (snakes). There are two State parks there too. I’m waiting for our accountant to get our taxes finished so we can get them from him; so, I have to have a couple of RV parks on hand for that. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, and will not appear until the author has approved them.