Saturday, March 5, 2016

Spring Fever Daze and Final Chapter in Bouse, Arizona

I saw on Bouse’s Community Calendar that they were having Spring Fever Days today, and Final Chapter, the used book store, was having a sale. We're boondocking near there.

Spring Fever Daze was 9-3 Friday and Saturday at the Booster Club building. There were craft tables inside and a few outside with a variety of items from jewelry to sewed items to jelly, soaps, woodworking, pictures and paintings. They were selling raffle tickets and lunch. I didn't see what they were having for lunch, but the pies sure looked good! It was fun to see this after seeing so many rocks and other things at Quartzsite.

As always, you can click on any of the pictures to make them larger.

followusinourtravels.blogspot.com/2016/03/spring-fever-daze-and-final-chapter-in.htmlSpring Fever Daze Bouse, AZSpring Fever Daze Bouse, AZSpring Fever Daze Bouse, AZSpring Fever Daze Bouse, AZSpring Fever Daze Bouse, AZSpring Fever Daze Bouse, AZSpring Fever Daze Bouse, AZSpring Fever Daze Bouse, AZSpring Fever Daze Bouse, AZSpring Fever Daze Bouse, AZSpring Fever Daze Bouse, AZ

I wrote a blog post about a month ago “For the book readers out there – E-readers versus “real” books” and I had mentioned that I like having the paper book to read once in a while and I keep a few on hand for campground book exchanges. Something I’d like to do is make a Little Free Library to put out at camping areas we’re at. I know of a few mobile ones and would like to give it a try. So, given that, I went to the Final Chapter book store and picked up 12 books for $3.75; a couple romance books were free. Add that to the 13 books in my closet and 2 audio books, not a bad start. I need to get more children’s books, only have 3.  Final Chapter has hard cover and paperback. They also have magazines and movies. The books are in real good condition.

Final Chapter book store in Bouse, AZ

2 comments:

  1. Pretty sure I know where you can get some kids books! How does a mobile little free library work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is registered and gets a number, but I don't register the location on their map. I would just put it out where we're at, if the campgrounds would allow it. I've seen some Facebook pages for the individual libraries too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated, and will not appear until the author has approved them.