Sunday, April 15, 2012

Well, it's official. Friday, the 13th of April, we left our house of 17 years, and home town of many more years. We now are full time RVers. I don't know if it's actually hit us yet; we're basically just on vacation right now (but with a lot more "stuff" in the motorhome!)  We've got certain places to be for a while, so maybe after that time, with no particular place in mind to go to, it might hit me that we're not going back. We will be back to visit family and that will probably be weird not being at our house.

I wasn't able to post anything on Friday when we left. We stopped in Fargo (300 miles) and stopped in a motel parking lot. We've stayed there many times when we've been in Fargo, and usually able to use internet; but this time we couldn't get on internet, so we decided to start cleaning up and putting things away. About 10:30 (at night) someone knocked on our door (oh-oh). The motel security guard asked if we had a permit to park there; we didn't, he said we would have to go ask at the front desk. We decided that since we didn't have internet access anyway, that we would just go to Sam's/Walmart as we wanted to get something from there anyway. So, our first night of full timing - was at Sam's.

The last two weeks have been very busy with selling, giving away, garbaging, whatever. So much stuff, so many decisions, too little time. We should have stayed in the motorhome for a few days to see what actually fit before we left, but we wanted to be able to make it to the rally in Texas and leave ourselves some extra time just in case. Now we have bags of clothes and boxes of other stuff to take care of. So, I suppose, every night we'll be going through things until it's done. But the house is empty, it's clean, and it is sold. (Final paperwork not signed yet though, no money in the bank.)

This weekend we're spending time with family in Fargo and Cottage Grove; may be a while before we see them again. Monday we'll start heading south to Texas. Today we had to go shopping for a new GPS. For some reason ours decided to go Garmin heaven (or hell) before we left. So, today we got a new Garmin nuvi 3490LMT. It's not the one Curt wanted (he wanted the newest one that isn't in the stores yet), but as long as it works. We looked for a new Ipad also. The few stores we stopped at, or called, didn't even have them available.

The weather has been nice so far. It rained last night and a thunder storm and rain so far today. I don't really like the forecast for the states we'll be going through. Hopefully the weather radio we have works and more hopefully the weather will be nice and we won't have to use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment